Contributing to PyBOMBS¶
The PyBOMBS code is hosted off github and we handle patches and features additions through this portal.
To create a patch or add new code to PyBOMBS, follow these steps:
- Create an account on github
- Fork from pybombs
- Clone your forked repository
- Make your changes
- Commit changes and push to your repository
- Open a "Pull Request" through the Github interface
- One of the project maintainers will evaluate your pull and either accept it, reject it, or ask for more details/changes
- Once merged or rejected, the pull request is closed
Github provides lots of details and help in performing most of the steps above. If you follow these steps, you should have a very smooth experience contributing to PyBOMBS.
For new recipes, please submit pull requests on github instead for the recipes repo!
We have not developed any official coding standards or style guidelines for PyBOMBS, yet. Please follow the current style found in the files to keep things consistent until we establish something more official.