PyBOMBS (Python Build Overlay Managed Bundle System) is the GNU Radio install management system for resolving dependencies and pulling in out-of-tree projects.
One of the main purposes of PyBOMBS is to aggregate out-of-tree projects, which means that PyBOMBS needs to have new recipes for any new project. We have done a lot of the initial work to get known projects into the PyBOMBS system as is, but we will need project developers for new OOT projects or other projects not currently listed to help us out with this effort.
PyBOMBS has its own manual, hosted on github:
This also includes a quickstart guide for the impatient.
- Multiple recipe repositories. You can use the GNU Radio repositories, and mix and match it with your own repositories.
- Multiple prefixes. You can have multiple prefixes, for different projects and configurations.
- Cross-compile support. It's easy to have a prefix dedicated for cross-compiling, e.g. to your embedded SDR device.
- Reporting bugs
- Contributing code, features, and bug fixes
- Tutorial on building OOT projects
- Tutorial on configuring OOT projects
The copyright of any part of PyBOMBS is held by the author of that piece of code. When making significant changes to any file in PyBOMBS, the copyright date should be incremented to the current year of the change and your name added to the list of copyright holders.
PyBOMBS is maintained by:
- Martin Braun (martin AT ettus dot com)
- Tim O'Shea (oshea AT vt dot edu)
- Tom Rondeau (tom AT trondeau.com)