List below names features missing in the open-source version of OpenBTS and OpenBTS-UHD. We invite you to volunteer and implement them!
Please send all patches to the openbts-discuss mailing list
This list relates to the OpenBTS features available in freely available versions of OpenBTS. Contact David Burgess with questions about commercial/proprietary OpenBTS version available from RangeNetworks.
(List is unsorted)
- More documentation and tutorials
- Check OpenBTS against the standard conformance tests.
- Wider support of audio codecs (only Full-Rate is supported right now)
- Authentication support
- Encryption support
- Better HLR (Home Location Register)
- Integration with traditional GSM HLRs
- Embedded systems optimization (ARM, MIPS, etc)
- DSP optimizations - transceiver is very computationally intensive
- Memory usage optimizations - we need to eliminate many malloc/free calls
- General architecture optimizations - e.g. get rid of many threads
- Multi-ARFCN (>7 voice channels per transceiver)
- DSP code for multi-channel Rx and Tx
- L2-L3 code for multi-channel support
- Space diversity receive (using two antennas to improve coverage)
- Handover support
- GSM-side handover support
- SIP-side handover support
- Standard configurations samples
- Single multi-sector installation
- Multiple towers
- Advanced call-service features
- Support DTX (Discontinuous transmission).
- USSD improvement and integration with external services
- Integration with 3G/IMS core network
- Internal command-line interface (CLI) improvement
- Better RRLP support
- Logging facility improvement
- Web-interface for configuration, control and monitoring of OpenBTS