= Mailing lists =
GNU Radio hosts a number of email lists for discussion of GNU Radio related topics at [http://www.gnu.org]. It is strongly recommended that everyone using GNU Radio and/or the USRP subscribe to the discuss-gnuradio mailing list. It is the proper place to ask if you have any questions or problems.Guidelines for posting
'''Please read [wiki:ReportingErrors Asking Questions and Reporting Errors] before posting to discuss-gnuradio.''' In particular:
- Do '''not''' send HTML email. Many users use text-based email readers, and it is therefore considered bad practice to use html formating on mailing lists.
- Top posting is generally considered bad. It makes it hard to follow the discussion in longer threads.
- Trim away unnecessary content. When replying to a mail, remove content that is not relevant for your reply, such as signatures and questions that you do not answer.
- Do not reply to other messages to create a new topic/thread. This creates confusion with threaded readers. Create a new message.
- Do your homework before asking on the list. Google is your friend. Learn to ask [http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html smart questions.]
For hints and rationales see [http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc3 How do I quote correctly].The lists
You can use the following table as a guide to the lists which are most relevant to you.
Please note that you '''must be subscribed''' to post to these lists. Postings from non-subscribed addresses are quietly dropped.
|[mailto:[email protected]]||This list is for discussion of GNU Radio development, porting to new platforms, ideas for the future, general GNU Radio usage or problems. New alpha and stable releases are announced here.||[http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/discuss-gnuradio/ View]||[http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio Mailman]|
|[mailto:[email protected]]||This is where the patches to the gnuradio repository are posted for peer review before being committed to SVN.||[http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/patch-gnuradio/ View]||[http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/patch-gnuradio Mailman]|
|[email protected]||Automatically generated notifications of commits to the source code repository (read-only).||[http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/commit-gnuradio/ View]||[http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/commit-gnuradio Mailman]|
|[email protected]||The USRP-announce mailing list, which gets about 1 message per month, contains the latest news on the USRP.||[http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-announce_lists.ettus.com/ View]||[http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-announce_lists.ettus.com Mailman]|