GNU Radio hosts a number of email lists for discussion of GNU Radio related topics at "It is strongly recommended that everyone using GNU Radio and/or the USRP subscribe to the discuss-gnuradio mailing list. It is the proper place to ask if you have any questions or problems.
Due to recent problems with bad actors on the mailing list, all new subscriptions are under moderation. Subscription requests will be handled as soon as possible and generally well within a day. Thanks for understanding.
Guidelines for posting¶
- Please read Asking Questions and Reporting Errors before posting to discuss-gnuradio.
- In particular:
- Do not send HTML email. Many users use text-based email readers, and it is therefore considered bad practice to use html formating on mailing lists.
- Top posting is generally considered bad. It makes it hard to follow the discussion in longer threads.
- Trim away unnecessary content. When replying to a mail, remove content that is not relevant for your reply, such as signatures and questions that you do not answer.
- Do not reply to other messages to create a new topic/thread. This creates confusion with threaded readers. Create a new message.
- Do your homework before asking on the list. Google is your friend. Learn to ask smart questions.
- Make sure you address the correct mailing list. GNU Radio and USRP problems use different lists, and if you're problem is actually about signal processing or coding, perhaps you want another list entirely.
For hints and rationales see How do I quote correctly.
You can use the following table as a guide to the lists which are most relevant to you.
Please note that you must be subscribed to post to these lists. Postings from non-subscribed addresses are quietly dropped.
|[email protected]||This list is for discussion of GNU Radio development, porting to new platforms, ideas for the future, general GNU Radio usage or problems. New alpha and stable releases are announced here.||View||Mailman|
|[email protected]||Automatically generated notifications of commits to the source code repository (read-only).||View||Mailman|
|Ettus Research Product Announcements and Newsletter||Sign up for this list on the ettus.com homepage (bottom right) to receive updates on new products.||N/A||N/A|
|[email protected]||The USRP-users mailing list, for questions regarding the USRP but not specifically GNU Radio.||View||Mailman|