Dev Call Feb 21, 2013

Time

  • 1800 UTC
  • 10 AM Pacific
  • 1 PM Eastern
  • 19:00 CET

Minutes

As recorded by MeetBot, thanks to Phil.

Meeting started by mbr0wn at 18:01:17 UTC. The full logs are available as attachment.

Meeting summary

  • LINK: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot (trondeau, 18:05:19)
  • Dev Calls (mbr0wn, 18:06:06)
    • IDEA: Asians might want their own dev call (mbr0wn, 18:07:48)
    • IDEA: Pay for a professional audio conference call service (runexe, 18:08:47)
    • IDEA: Best use of API/version numbering in closing tickets (runexe, 18:11:54)
    • IDEA: Encouraging people on the mailing list to open tickets for reported issues (runexe, 18:12:54)
    • IDEA: Keeping original reporter included discussion (ala patch- mailing list) (runexe, 18:15:26)
    • IDEA: Point people to RSS feeds on redmine issue list to follow tickets opened/closed/etc. (runexe, 18:18:52)
  • FSF Funding (mbr0wn, 18:19:55)
  • GRHack (mbr0wn, 18:23:25)
    • ACTION: OFDM/PDU tutorials must be added to the wiki (mbr0wn, 18:28:32)
    • ACTION: Need to investigate possible bug in scheduler/stream tag interaction (particularly rate-changing blocks). Look into off-by-one errors. (runexe, 18:30:14)
    • ACTION: Merging OFDM work into either v3.6 or v3.7 (sooner is better) (runexe, 18:34:09)
    • IDEA: Maybe tags are pruned too soon (mbr0wn, 18:36:41)
  • 3.6.4 release (mbr0wn, 18:37:21)
    • AGREED: 3.6.4 w/o OFDM, make 3.6.5 w/ OFDM (mbr0wn, 18:38:15)
    • AGREED: 3.6.4 release time: around next week (mbr0wn, 18:38:51)
    • AGREED: "Feature freeze" for 3.6.4 starts now (mbr0wn, 18:40:47)
    • IDEA: extra point-release for bug-fixes: 3.6.3.1, then 3.6.4 is new features (runexe, 18:41:41)
    • IDEA: always release a patch fix version whenever we release a new minor version (like have a 3.6.4.1 when we release a 3.6.5). (trondeau, 18:45:31)
    • Tom's working on the performance counters (mbr0wn, 18:51:48)
    • That's the last feature before we can freeze gnuradio-core (mbr0wn, 18:52:00)
    • Which is necessary to convert that to gr-runtime (mbr0wn, 18:52:25)
    • The performance counters are pretty cool (mbr0wn, 18:54:06)
    • performance counters turned on/off via standard gnuradio config files (runexe, 18:54:27)
    • and can be exported via gr-ctrlport (runexe, 18:54:45)
    • counters are platform independant (runexe, 18:55:20)
    • ACTION: runexe Puts down a new wiki page on that (mbr0wn, 18:56:06)
    • ACTION: martin + ben: Get OFDM merged ASAP, even if it's not really working (mbr0wn, 18:59:08)
    • ACTION: make sure to work with benreynwar to fix Python documentation before 3.7 release. (trondeau, 19:01:35)
  • gsoc (mbr0wn, 19:01:59)
    • IDEA: gsoc ideas: better linking between GRC and the code. (trondeau, 19:03:56)
    • Please add more ideas to the GSoC wiki page (runexe, 19:05:21)
    • Sign up early to be a mentor! (runexe, 19:07:26)
  • Hackfest 2013? (mbr0wn, 19:09:51)
    • IDEA: Hold one in conjunction with VT Wireless Symposium this summer (runexe, 19:11:35)
    • LINK: http://wireless.vt.edu/symposium/2013/ (Crofton, 19:13:55)
    • IDEA: Alternate locations (East Coast: Philly, DC, Boston) (runexe, 19:14:34)
    • ACTION: Tom contacts people from VT (mbr0wn, 19:19:08)
  • grcon (mbr0wn, 19:20:41)
    • GrCon'13: tentatively in Sept. (runexe, 19:21:53)
    • Tentative location is Boston (based on discussions from GrCon'12) (runexe, 19:26:15)
    • ACTION: mbr0wn and trondeau get in touch with Matt for more planning on grcon. (trondeau, 19:28:00)
  • Misc (mbr0wn, 19:28:48)
    • One-day SDR/GNURadio info-day in Rio de Janeiro this spring (runexe, 19:29:59)

Action Items

  • OFDM/PDU tutorials must be added to the wiki
  • Need to investigate possible bug in scheduler/stream tag interaction (particularly rate-changing blocks). Look into off-by-one errors.
  • Merging OFDM work into either v3.6 or v3.7 (sooner is better)
  • runexe Puts down a new wiki page on that: PerformanceCounters
  • martin + ben: Get OFDM merged ASAP, even if it's not really working
  • make sure to work with benreynwar to fix Python documentation before 3.7 release.
  • Tom contacts people from VT
  • mbr0wn and trondeau get in touch with Matt for more planning on grcon.

Action Items, by person

  • benreynwar
    • make sure to work with benreynwar to fix Python documentation before 3.7 release.
    • martin + ben: Get OFDM merged ASAP, even if it's not really working
    • Merging OFDM work into either v3.6 or v3.7 (sooner is better)
  • mbr0wn
    • mbr0wn and trondeau get in touch with Matt for more planning on grcon.
    • OFDM/PDU tutorials must be added to the wiki
  • runexe
    • runexe Puts down a new wiki page on that
  • trondeau
    • mbr0wn and trondeau get in touch with Matt for more planning on grcon.
    • Tom contacts people from VT
  • UNASSIGNED
    • Need to investigate possible bug in scheduler/stream tag interaction (particularly rate-changing blocks). Look into off-by-one errors.

minutes.2013-02-21-18.01.tar.gz (8.89 KB) Martin Braun, 02/25/2013 08:32 am