Below are some of the many papers involving GNU Radio and/or the USRP
Please feel free to add a summary, bibliographic info, and a link to your papers.Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
- C. Fernández-Prades, J. Arribas, P. Closas, C. Avilés, L. Esteve, "GNSS-SDR: an open source tool for researchers and developers", in Proceedings of the ION GNSS Conference 2011, September 19-23, 2011, Portland, Oregon (USA).
- C. Fernández-Prades, C. Avilés, L. Esteve, J. Arribas, P. Closas, "Design patterns for GNSS software receivers", in Proceedings of the 5th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation Technologies (NAVITEC'2010), 8-10 December 2010, Noordwijk (The Netherlands).
- A. Pinomaa, H. Baumgartner, J. Ahola, A. Kosonen: Utilization of Software-Defined Radio in power line communication between motor and frequency converter, March 2010
ETH Zürich (Switzerland), System Security Group
- "S. Mešković, "Implementation of Uncoordinated Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (U-DSSS) using Software Defined Radios, April 2008
University of Texas at Austin, Hydra Project
- "K. Mandke, R. C. Daniels, S. Choi, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, "Physical Concerns for Cross-Layer Prototyping and Wireless Network Experimentation, to appear in the Proc. of the Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization, Montreal, Canada, September 10, 2007.
- "K. Mandke, S. Choi, G. Kim, R. Grant, R. C. Daniels, W. Kim, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, "Early Results on Hydra: A Flexible MAC/PHY Multihop Testbed, in the Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Tech. Conf. , Dublin, Ireland, April 23 - 25, 2007.
- "E. H. Matlis, T. C. Corke, S. P. Gogineti, "A.C. Plasma Anemometer for Hypersonic Mach Number Experiments"":http://www.nd.edu/~ematlis/Papers/Plasma_probe/JANNAF_2006_matlis.pdf
Virginia Tech, Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT)
Papers from Virginia Tech's Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT), a member of Wireless@VT, that specifically deal with SDR and cognitive radio techniques employing GNU Radio or USRP (links to papers will be provided later):
- K. E. Nolan, T. W. Rondeau, P. Sutton, B. Le, L. E. Doyle, and C. W. Bostian, "Demonstration and Analyses of Collaboration, Co-existence and Interoperability of Cognitive Radio Platforms," in (Invited Paper) IEEE Proc. 1st IEEE Workshop on Cognitive Radio Networks, CCNC, Las Vegas, USA, to be published, 2007.
- B. Le, T. W. Rondeau, and C. W. Bostian, “Cognitive Radio Realities,” (Invited paper) Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, John Wiley & Sons, to be published, 2007.
- T. W. Rondeau, B. Le, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, A. B. MacKenzie, and C. W. Bostian, "Optimization, Learning, and Decision Making in a Cognitive Engine," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- B. Le, T. W. Rondeau, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, and C. W. Bostian, "Signal Recognition for Cognitive Radios," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- K. E. Nolan, T. W. Rondeau, P. D. Sutton, C. W. Bostian, and L. E. Doyle, "A Framework For Implementing Cognitive Functionality," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- D. Scaperoth, B. Le, T. Rondeau, D. Maldonado, C. W. Bostian, and S. Harrison, “Cognitive Radio Platform Development for Interoperability,” IEEE Proc. MILCOM, Washington, D.C., October 2006.
- "T. W. Rondeau, B. Le, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, and C. W. Bostian, "Cognitive Radio Formulation and Implementation, in IEEE Proc. CROWNCOM, Mykonos, Greece, 2006, pp. 1-10.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Communications Engineering Lab)
- Jens Elsner, Martin Braun, Stefan Nagel, Kshama Nagaraj, Friedrich K. Jondral, "Wireless Networks In-the-Loop: Software Radio as the Enabler", Software Defined Radio Forum Technical Conference, Washington DC, December 1-4, 2009
- Jens P. Elsner, Christian Koerner, Friedrich K. Jondral, "Non-parametric Modeling with Gaussian Processes for Spatial Radio-Scene Analysis", 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2008, Las Vegas, 10 - 12 January 2008
- Moritz Fischer, Martin Braun, Jens P. Elsner, Friedrich K. Jondral: "An Over-the-Air Reconﬁguration API for Experimental Cognitive Radio Setups",
2011 Wireless Innovation Forum European Conference on Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radios (SDR'11-WInnComm-Europe), 22-24 June, Brussels, Belgium
University of California in LA, Networked & Embedded Systems Lab (NESL)
- "T. Schmid, O. Sekkat, M. B. Srivastava, "An Experimental Study of Network Performance Impact of Increased Latency in Software Defined Radios, WiNTECH@07 , September 2007
University of Delaware
- "N. Manicka "GNURadio Testbed, Masters Thesis, March 2008
- "N. Manicka "GNURadio Installation Notes, Nov 2006.
University of Maryland
- "T. O'Shea, T. Clancy, H. Ebeid, "Practical Signal Detection and Classification in GNUradio, SDR Forum Technical Conference, November 2007.
University of Pisa (Italy), DSP for Communications Lab
- "V. Pellegrini, G. Bacci, M. Luise, "Soft-DVB, a Fully Software, GNURadio Based ETSI DVB-T Modulator, in Proc. WSR'08, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 2008
University of Washington, Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy (MRFM)
- "Jonathan P. Jacky, Joseph L. Garbini, Matthew Ettus, John A. Sidles, "Digital control of force microscope cantilevers using a field programmable gate array, submitted to Review of Scientific Instruments.
University College London
- "D. Spill, A. Bittau, "Bluesniff: Eve meets Alice and Bluetooth, in Proc. USENIX WOOT'07, Boston, USA, August 2007
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- "Cooley, James E., "A Day in the Life of the RF Spectrum. S.M. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge. September, 2005
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- P Zetterberg and N.M. Moghadam, "An Experimental Investigation of SIMO, MIMO, Interference-Alignment (IA) and Coordinated Multi-Point (CoMP)", IWSSIP2012. http://arxiv.org/abs/arXiv:1111.3616.
- P. Händel and P Zetterberg, "Receiver I/Q imbalance: tone test, sensitivity analysis, and the universal software radio peripheral", IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, vol 59, no 3, pp. 704-714, March 2010.
- P Zetterberg, "Experimental Investigation of TDD Reciprocity Based Zero-Forcing Transmit Precoding", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, special issue on Cooperative MIMO Multicell Networks, 2011.
- C.R Rojas, P. Zetterberg and P. Händel, "Transceiver Inphase/Quadrature Imbalance, Ellipse Fitting, and the Universal Software Radio Peripheral", IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, vol 60,pp. 3629-3639, Nov.2011.
Technische Universität München
- S. Bittl, C. Hausl, O. Iscan, "Experimental Evaluation of a Robust MAC Protocol for Network Coded Two-Way Relaying", in Workshop on Network Coding Applications and Protocols, Valencia, Spain, May 2011
- M. Leech, "Science without Hardware: Building an SDR SID Receiver in an Afternoon," SARA Proceedings, Mar. 20-21, 2010.
GNU Radio running mechanism and computational analysis
- F. Ge, C. Chiang, Y. Gottlieb, & R. Chadha, “GNU Radio-based digital communications: computational analysis of a GMSK transceiver,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2011
University of Messina (Italy) - Faculty of Engineering
- Arturo Rinaldi, "Emulation of a Radio Link by means of Software Radio". The goal of my degree thesis was to build an open source tool, the gr-bertool, for the estimation (computational and "real-time") of the digital modulations Bit Error Rate (BER) both in the wired and wireless channels. It also provides complementary tools to show how the most common audio and video file formats are affected by digital modulations over the simulated transmission channels.
- Bruno Zimmermann, Torben Mueller, Jakob Meineke, Tilman Esslinger, Henning Moritz: High-resolution imaging of ultracold fermions in microscopically tailored optical potentials. New Journal of Physics 13 (2011) 043007 or http://arxiv.org/abs/1011.1004
- Jakob Meineke, Jean-Philippe Brantut, David Stadler, Torben Müller, Henning Moritz, Tilman Esslinger: Interferometric Measurement of Local Spin-Fluctuations in a Quantum Gas, http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.5250