Academic Papers involving GNU Radio and/or the USRP¶
- Academic Papers involving GNU Radio and/or the USRP
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
- ETH Zürich (Switzerland)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Communications Engineering Lab)
- University of Messina (Italy) - Faculty of Engineering
- Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
- University of Pisa (Italy), DSP for Communications Lab
- University College London
- Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- Technische Universität München
- University of Innsbruck
- Toshiba Research Europe Limited, Telecommunications Research Laboratory, Bristol
- North America
- University of Texas at Austin, Hydra Project
- University of Notre Dame, Indiana, United States
- Virginia Tech, Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT)
- SARA Conference
- ETS Montréal
- Rutgers University
- University of California in LA, Networked & Embedded Systems Lab (NESL)
- University of Delaware
- University of Maryland
- University of Washington, Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy (MRFM)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Telcordia Technologies
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- US Naval Research Laboratory
Please feel free to add a summary, bibliographic info, and a link to your papers!
Institutions sorted by continent.
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Pakistan¶
- Niaz Ahmed, Waqas Abbas, Affan Syed. "A Low-cost and Flexible Underwater Platform to Promote Experiments in UWSN Research", in Proceedings of the 7th ACM WUWNet Conference, Los Angeles, CA, USA, November 5-6, 2012.
- Syed-Yusof, S.K., Khairul Rashid, K.M. ; Abdul Latiff, N.M. ; Fisal, N. ; Sarijari, M.A. ; Rashid, R.A. ; Ramli, N., "TDMA-based cooperative sensing using SDR platform for cognitive radio", in Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Communications Conference (APCC), South Korea, October 15-17, 2012
Lappeenranta University of Technology¶
- A. Pinomaa, H. Baumgartner, J. Ahola, A. Kosonen: Utilization of Software-Defined Radio in power line communication between motor and frequency converter, March 2010
ETH Zürich (Switzerland)¶
System Security Group:
- "S. Mešković, "Implementation of Uncoordinated Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (U-DSSS) using Software Defined Radios, April 2008
- Bruno Zimmermann, Torben Müller, Jakob Meineke, Tilman Esslinger, Henning Moritz: High-resolution imaging of ultracold fermions in microscopically tailored optical potentials. New Journal of Physics 13 (2011) 043007 or arXiv:1011.1004
- Jakob Meineke, Jean-Philippe Brantut, David Stadler, Torben Müller, Henning Moritz, Tilman Esslinger: Interferometric Measurement of Local Spin-Fluctuations in a Quantum Gas, arXiv:1202.5250
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Communications Engineering Lab)¶
- Jens Elsner, Martin Braun, Stefan Nagel, Kshama Nagaraj, Friedrich K. Jondral, "Wireless Networks In-the-Loop: Software Radio as the Enabler", Software Defined Radio Forum Technical Conference, Washington DC, December 1-4, 2009
- Jens P. Elsner, Christian Koerner, Friedrich K. Jondral, "Non-parametric Modeling with Gaussian Processes for Spatial Radio-Scene Analysis", 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2008, Las Vegas, 10 - 12 January 2008
- Moritz Fischer, Martin Braun, Jens P. Elsner, Friedrich K. Jondral: "An Over-the-Air Reconﬁguration API for Experimental Cognitive Radio Setups",
2011 Wireless Innovation Forum European Conference on Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radios (SDR'11-WInnComm-Europe), 22-24 June, Brussels, Belgium
- Sebastian Koslowski, Martin Braun, Jens Elsner, Friedrich K. Jondral: Wireless Networks In-the-Loop: Emulating an RF front-end in GNU Radio (Slides), SDR Forum 2010 European Reconfigurable Radio Technologies Workshop, Mainz, June 25, 2010
- Gerald Baier, Nico Otterbach: Wireless Networks In-the-Loop: Speeding up GNU Radio development, (Winner Virginia Tech SDR Challenge 2012), 22nd Virginia Tech Symposium on Wireless Communications, Blacksburg, June 2012
- Manuel Fuhr, Martin Braun, Christian Sturm, Lars Reichardt, Friedrich K. Jondral: An SDR-based Experimental Setup for OFDM-based Radar, Proceedings of the 7th Karlsruhe Workshop on Software Radio Karlsruhe, Germany, March 2012
- Martin Braun, Marcus Müller, Manuel Fuhr, Friedrich K. Jondral:
A USRP-based Testbed for OFDM-based Radar and Communication Systems, Proceedings of 22nd Virginia Tech Symposium on Wireless Communications, Blacksburg, June 2012
- Johannes Demel, Sebastian Koslowski, Friedrich K. Jondral:
A LTE Receiver Framework Implementation in GNU Radio, Proceedings of Wireless Innovation European Conference on Wireless Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio, Munich, Germany, June 2013
University of Messina (Italy) - Faculty of Engineering¶
- Arturo Rinaldi, "Emulation of a Radio Link by means of Software Radio". The goal of my degree thesis was to build an open source tool, the gr-bertool, for the estimation (computational and "real-time") of the digital modulations Bit Error Rate (BER) both in the wired and wireless channels. It also provides complementary tools to show how the most common audio and video file formats are affected by digital modulations over the simulated transmission channels. If you're interested, you can also take a look at my Thesis Research "Abstract.
Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)¶
- C. Fernández-Prades, J. Arribas, P. Closas, "Turning a Television into a GNSS Receiver", in Proceedings of the ION GNSS+ Conference 2013, September 15-16, 2013, Nashville, Tennessee (USA).
- C. Fernández-Prades, J. Arribas, L. Esteve, D. Pubill, P. Closas, "An Open Source Galileo E1 Software Receiver", in Proceedings of the 6th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation Technologies (NAVITEC 2012), 5-7 December 2012, ESTEC, Noordwijk (The Netherlands).
- C. Fernández-Prades, J. Arribas, P. Closas, C. Avilés, L. Esteve, "GNSS-SDR: an open source tool for researchers and developers", in Proceedings of the ION GNSS Conference 2011, September 19-23, 2011, Portland, Oregon (USA).
- C. Fernández-Prades, C. Avilés, L. Esteve, J. Arribas, P. Closas, "Design patterns for GNSS software receivers", in Proceedings of the 5th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation Technologies (NAVITEC'2010), 8-10 December 2010, Noordwijk (The Netherlands).
University of Pisa (Italy), DSP for Communications Lab¶
- "V. Pellegrini, G. Bacci, M. Luise, "Soft-DVB, a Fully Software, GNURadio Based ETSI DVB-T Modulator, in Proc. WSR'08, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 2008
University College London¶
- "D. Spill, A. Bittau, "Bluesniff: Eve meets Alice and Bluetooth, in Proc. USENIX WOOT'07, Boston, USA, August 2007
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)¶
- P Zetterberg and N.M. Moghadam, "An Experimental Investigation of SIMO, MIMO, Interference-Alignment (IA) and Coordinated Multi-Point (CoMP)", International Conference on Systems Signals and Image Processing, Vienna, April 2012. See also arXiv:1111.3616
- P. Händel and P Zetterberg, "Receiver I/Q imbalance: tone test, sensitivity analysis, and the universal software radio peripheral", IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, vol 59, no 3, pp. 704-714, March 2010.
- P Zetterberg, "Experimental Investigation of TDD Reciprocity Based Zero-Forcing Transmit Precoding", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, special issue on Cooperative MIMO Multicell Networks, 2011.
- C.R Rojas, P. Zetterberg and P. Händel, "Transceiver Inphase/Quadrature Imbalance, Ellipse Fitting, and the Universal Software Radio Peripheral", IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, vol 60,pp. 3629-3639, Nov.2011.
Technische Universität München¶
- S. Bittl, C. Hausl, O. Iscan, "Experimental Evaluation of a Robust MAC Protocol for Network Coded Two-Way Relaying", in Workshop on Network Coding Applications and Protocols, Valencia, Spain, May 2011
University of Innsbruck¶
- Bastian Bloessl, Michele Segata, Christoph Sommer and Falko Dressler, "Towards an Open Source IEEE 802.11p Stack: A Full SDR-based Transceiver in GNU Radio", Proceedings of 5th IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC 2013), Boston, MA, December 2013.
- Bastian Bloessl, Michele Segata, Christoph Sommer and Falko Dressler, "An IEEE 802.11a/g/p OFDM Receiver for GNU Radio", Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2013, 2nd ACM SIGCOMM Workshop of Software Radio Implementation Forum (SRIF 2013), Hong Kong, China, August 2013, pp. 9-16.
- Bastian Bloessl, Christoph Leitner, Falko Dressler and Christoph Sommer, "A GNU Radio-based IEEE 802.15.4 Testbed", Proceedings of 12. GI/ITG KuVS Fachgespräch Drahtlose Sensornetze (FGSN 2013), Cottbus, Germany, September 2013, pp. 37-40.
Toshiba Research Europe Limited, Telecommunications Research Laboratory, Bristol¶
- Tomáš Hynek, David Halls, and Jan Sýkora, “Practical implementation of cloud initialization procedure for wireless physical layer network coding clouds”, submitted to the 20th European Wireless Conference (EW), Barcelona, Spain, 2014.
University of Texas at Austin, Hydra Project¶
- "K. Mandke, R. C. Daniels, S. Choi, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, "Physical Concerns for Cross-Layer Prototyping and Wireless Network Experimentation, to appear in the Proc. of the Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization, Montreal, Canada, September 10, 2007.
- "K. Mandke, S. Choi, G. Kim, R. Grant, R. C. Daniels, W. Kim, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, "Early Results on Hydra: A Flexible MAC/PHY Multihop Testbed, in the Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Tech. Conf. , Dublin, Ireland, April 23 - 25, 2007.
University of Notre Dame, Indiana, United States¶
- E. H. Matlis, T. C. Corke, S. P. Gogineti, "A.C. Plasma Anemometer for Hypersonic Mach Number Experiments", 2006.
- M. L. Dickens, B. P. Dunn, and J. N. Laneman, "Design and Implementation of a Portable Software Radio", IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 58-66, Aug. 2008.
- M. L. Dickens, B. P. Dunn, and J. N. Laneman, "Portable Software Radios using Commodity Hardware and Open-Source Software", in Proc. SDR, Washington, DC, Oct. 2008.
SDR in general, not necessarily GNU Radio:
- M. L. Dickens, B. P. Dunn, and J. N. Laneman, "Thresholding for Optimal Data Processing in a Software Defined Radio Kernel", in Proc. Karlsruhe Workshop on Software Radios (WSR), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 2010.
- M. L. Dickens, J. N. Laneman, and B. P. Dunn, "Seamless Dynamic Runtime Reconfiguration in a Sofware-Defined Radio", J. Sig. Proc. Sys., vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 87-94, October 2012.
- M. L. Dickens and J. N. Laneman, "On the Use of an Algebraic Language Interface for Waveform Definition", Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 613-625, Nov. 2012.
- M. L. Dickens PhD Dissertation, "Surfer : Any-Core Software Defined Radio", May 2012.
Virginia Tech, Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT)¶
Papers from Virginia Tech's Center for Wireless Telecommunications (CWT), a member of Wireless@VT, that specifically deal with SDR and cognitive radio techniques employing GNU Radio or USRP (links to papers will be provided later):
- K. E. Nolan, T. W. Rondeau, P. Sutton, B. Le, L. E. Doyle, and C. W. Bostian, "Demonstration and Analyses of Collaboration, Co-existence and Interoperability of Cognitive Radio Platforms," in (Invited Paper) IEEE Proc. 1st IEEE Workshop on Cognitive Radio Networks, CCNC, Las Vegas, USA, to be published, 2007.
- B. Le, T. W. Rondeau, and C. W. Bostian, “Cognitive Radio Realities,” (Invited paper) Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, John Wiley & Sons, to be published, 2007.
- T. W. Rondeau, B. Le, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, A. B. MacKenzie, and C. W. Bostian, "Optimization, Learning, and Decision Making in a Cognitive Engine," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- B. Le, T. W. Rondeau, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, and C. W. Bostian, "Signal Recognition for Cognitive Radios," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- K. E. Nolan, T. W. Rondeau, P. D. Sutton, C. W. Bostian, and L. E. Doyle, "A Framework For Implementing Cognitive Functionality," in Proc. SDR Forum 06 Technical Conference, Orlando, FL, to be published, 2006.
- D. Scaperoth, B. Le, T. Rondeau, D. Maldonado, C. W. Bostian, and S. Harrison, “Cognitive Radio Platform Development for Interoperability,” IEEE Proc. MILCOM, Washington, D.C., October 2006.
- "T. W. Rondeau, B. Le, D. Maldonado, D. Scaperoth, and C. W. Bostian, "Cognitive Radio Formulation and Implementation, in IEEE Proc. CROWNCOM, Mykonos, Greece, 2006, pp. 1-10.
- M. Leech, "Science without Hardware: Building an SDR SID Receiver in an Afternoon," SARA Proceedings, Mar. 20-21, 2010.
- Georges Kaddoum, Julien Olivain, Guillaume Beaufort Samson, Pascal Giard, Francois Gagnon: Implementation of a Differential Chaos Shift Keying Communication system in GNU Radio, International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), August, 2012. iswcs2012-dcsk-gnuradio.pdf
Code is available at https://github.com/jolivain/gr-chaos
- Muhammad Nazmul Islam, Byoung-Jo J. Kim, Paul Henry, Eric Rozner, "A Wireless Channel Sounding System for Rapid Propagation Measurements", International Conference on Communications 2013, page 5720-5725, "IEEE Link".
- Muhammad Nazmul Islam, Shantharam Balasubramanian, Narayan B. Mandayam, Ivan Seskar, Sastry Kompella, "Implementation of Distributed Time Exchange Based Cooperative Forwarding", Military Communications Conference 2012, page 1-6, "IEEE Link".
University of California in LA, Networked & Embedded Systems Lab (NESL)¶
- "T. Schmid, O. Sekkat, M. B. Srivastava, "An Experimental Study of Network Performance Impact of Increased Latency in Software Defined Radios, WiNTECH@07 , September 2007
University of Delaware¶
- "N. Manicka "GNURadio Testbed, Masters Thesis, March 2008
- "N. Manicka "GNURadio Installation Notes, Nov 2006.
University of Maryland¶
- "T. O'Shea, T. Clancy, H. Ebeid, "Practical Signal Detection and Classification in GNUradio, SDR Forum Technical Conference, November 2007.
University of Washington, Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy (MRFM)¶
- "Jonathan P. Jacky, Joseph L. Garbini, Matthew Ettus, John A. Sidles, "Digital control of force microscope cantilevers using a field programmable gate array, submitted to Review of Scientific Instruments.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)¶
- "Cooley, James E., "A Day in the Life of the RF Spectrum. S.M. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge. September, 2005
- F. Ge, C. Chiang, Y. Gottlieb, & R. Chadha, “GNU Radio-based digital communications: computational analysis of a GMSK transceiver,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2011
Oak Ridge National Laboratory¶
- T. Humble, "Software-defined quantum communication", http://spie.org/x102597.xml
US Naval Research Laboratory¶
- West, N., D. Geiger, and G. Scheets, "Benchmarking GNU Radio Kernels and Multi-Processor Scheduling", New England Workshop for Software Defined Radio (NEWSDR'13), Worcester, MA, 2013 - Slides
University of Adelaide¶
- M. Hill, "Developing a generic software-defined radar transmitter using GNU Radio," Masters Thesis, November 2012, University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Stephen Glass, Vallipuram Muthukkumarasamy and Marius Portmann: "A Software-Defined Radio Receiver for APCO Project 25 Signals", in Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Connecting the World Wirelessly, IWCMC '09, Pages 67-72, Leipzig, Germany.
- Stephen Glass, Vallipuram Muthukkumarasamy, Marius Portmann and Matthew Robert. "Insecurity in public-safety communications: APCO project 25", in International Conference on Security and Privacy for Communication Networks, SecureCom (SecureCom), London, United Kingdom, (1-18). 7-9 September 2011.