Recode hierarchical blocks so that they are in C++ and are first-class objects
|Assignee:||Johnathan Corgan||% Done:||
The existing python hierarchical block implementation has several flaws. These include:
- inability to disconnect and/or reconnect at runtime
- hier_blocks are not "first-class". That is, they have a different interface than gr_blocks, and cannot do everything that a gr_block can.
- The input streams of the hier_block can't be connected to different internal blocks
- The output of the hier block can't come from different internal blocks
- The hier_block doesn't have it's own input and output io_signature